Monday 12 September 2005

Reversal

I admit, I have been feeling rather unhealthy as of late.

It would possibly have something to do with he fact that:
1) I am injured, therefore no sport (yeah, don't ask)
2) I have been busy at work (and therefore have successfully moulded the seat to my backside)
3) Snacking on very healthy foods (e.g. ice blocks, chocolate, fast food, lollies)
4) Over eating (like having two sandwiches and a Hainanese Chicken Rice for lunch, and then biscuits after lunch)

Signs that I am unhealthy:
1) Walking to the bus stop and feeling puffed. Walking to the train station and feeling flustered. Walking back from lunch and feeling a bit out of breath...ok, maybe just walking.
2) Wearing some pants and having a "muffin top" staring back at me.
3) Feeling hungry for most of the time
4) People commenting that I am eating a lot

All those biscuits, chips, chocolates, ice-creams and burgers finally have won. I feel like my metabolism is like that hare - running at hyper speed in the beginning but now, slowing down and taking a nap...practically hibernating.

In a quest to feel better, I decided to wear some of my "loose" fitting pants, only to find that they were tight now - can you believe it?

I also am feeling like I am tired as of late.
1) I can't stay up to watch TV or play games any more. I start to fall asleep. I used to laugh at those people. Now I don't even know if people are laughing at me - since I am asleep.
2) I want to take afternoon naps - maybe I am just bored, but they feel refreshing. Siestas have to be a good thing. Only problem is trying to fit that in around work.
3) Generally I feel like I am lacking energy (or boost) in the mornings. Maybe it's a lack of iron - who knows?
4) My reaction speeds are slower. This is evident whilst driving at high speeds. On PS2.

I think I need a total lifestyle revamp - consisting of a regime of exercies coupled with a healthy diet

Or maybe I am just getting on and need to accept it. But I won't go out without a fight!

4 comments:

sime said...

LOL! I have not heard "egad" in absolutely years!

I'm hoping it's not because of that - but hey, who knows? I now know what my wish is going to be!

Beckster said...

You have all the textbook typical signs of being preggers.

Congratulations pop.

so..?!! said...

muffin tops suck. you should try to stand more, or lie down, or slump in your seat at work so that you're practically horizontal anyway.

but agree with giz. you is old, man.

sime said...

Thanks beckster and LMM for the encouragement. That made me feel so much better!

Old eh? Respect your elders then kiddies! Just joking.

Well, I am not back on the injured list. These injuries do not seem to be going away.