Wednesday 1 November 2006

Just Chilling

To be honest, the last three weeks have been absolutely awesome. Not having to worry about a thing in the world and soaking up Sydney life doing the things which I want to do - such as playing sports and video games.

In terms of sports, I am finally seeing my fitness return. Now I just want to play better and get those skills back!

On the gaming front, finally finished Vice City. It was long but the missions were fun - especially taking over businesses. Only finished the story missions and only completed 48% of the game!??
MGS3: Snake Eater is definitely cinematic and had a good story. It ties in with some of the other MGS games. Favourite characters had to be EVA and Ocelot....very nicely done. One of the good features of finishing the game is that the cut scenes are all accessible to be viewed at any time, so can watch it all again, without having to play through it. In a touch of nostalgia also played some SNES and original Nintendo games. I am bad at Mario Kart, NBA Jam brought back good memories and who can forget Super Mario Bros 3??? It's funny how one remembers things from around ten years ago - all the secrets and the different moves in the different worlds. I have to say that I do lack a bit of co-ordination when it comes to those good ol' platform games.

In other news, I am definitely excited about the longer summer days which are just around the corner. Apart from the stuffiness of playing indoor sports, it will definitely be a relaxing summer.

After four years of living in this place, I have decided to get a mirror for my bathroom and put up some towel racks. It was definitely a positive improvement as this means I don't need to go to other bathrooms to put in contacts and I can see how I look like before I leave my room. After drilling for three consecutive days and using up around five drill bits, I managed to put up a measly four mirrors and two towel racks. Do not underestimate the difficulty in drilling into porcelain tiles (which need to be treating softly). Only in my bathroom did the tile have a hairline crack. I don't think I am cut out for performing renovations, but it was definitely a fun experience to finally free up some space. I did learn a thing or two and I also managed to check out some of the wares at Bunnings and Mitre 10. Very interesting learning experience. I am thinking about what my next project will be.

There is something very satisfying when completing something one sets out to do. The sense of accomplishment and achievement is rewarding in different ways - like all that hard work was worth it.

With the entire online video phenomena there definitely have been some interesting posting on the internet. Call it sheer boredom or random surfing, but there is a mixed bag of stuff out there which I have managed to stumble across. Two interesting points were the Dove commerical (touching up can do wonders - I love those computer editing techniques as well) and the Stephon Marbury $15 shoes (great concept as well). Now, even news bulletins are coming at us over the web. Once streaming technology improves as well as penetration for broadband internet is higher, there should be even more videos out there. It is definitely more accessible as well as people at work take that 5min breather to watch a video here and there.

No comments: