Tuesday 9 February 2010

Final Fantasy

Lucky thirteen. It's almost here - one more month of waiting. I want to wait for the reviews to come out and hopefully Square Enix don't disappoint.

So in preparation of the new Final Fantasy instalment I read some of the history which brought back some memories..To all those who are not familiar with the franchise and history, yes, the title does suggest that it is a bit of a misnomer...

I also took the time to see where the reviewers ranked the games in the series.
Although I have not played all in the list, I have played (and finished) three out of the top four on the list. Admittedly, they are what I would rank as some of the best games I have ever played:
FF X - Really interesting story line and lovely musical score. Didn't manage to get all the secret weapons though.
FF IV - This was the first FF I played and it was really magical. The world(s) were huge and the rebellion was a great twist.
FF VI was definitely one game I fell in love with - utilising a wide range of characters and emotions throughout the game.

One I really didn't get into was FFXII which was ranked quite lowly on the list. *phew*

Thankfully, the upcoming month is shaping up to be a relatively busy one with work, friends and family catch ups. Good thing I can always restore some health with one of these:

Also, still need to tackle the New Super Mario Bros on the Wii. Interestingly, it is RETRO! Bring back those good ol' memories of 2D platformers! Unfortunately, I am a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to gaming, so I probably don't work well when having to co-opearate. Perhaps I get frustrated too easily.

So many games, so little time...

4 comments:

cosine said...

what about ff8? i liked the rinoa and squall storyline and the dancing cut scenes.

sime said...

True - though I never really played it, so hard to comment. It was graphically pretty good!

Wayno said...

Dude where do you want to get it? Do you want me to pre-order for you?

sime said...

Thanks dude - will see how it goes as I want to wait for some reviews, but will definitely let you know! Still have a backlog of games though...