Sunday 7 May 2017

Fitness

Generally, I consider myself quite fit - playing basketball, soccer etc.
But recently, with a busy schedule, it has not been the case.

My clothes have been feeling tighter in the wrong place - the belly.  The pants, shirts, and jackets have seen a bulge in the midsection - not cool!
Secondly, my back.  Running up and down for sports and jumping has certainly meant more pressure on my back these days - especially with the extra weight I am carrying in the front!  So after any intense sessions of sports, the back needs a few days off to recover.  Muscles feel tight and general discomfort when sitting. Uber not cool.

So, without trying to re-buy an entire wardrobe in order to accommodate my paunch, the only way is to get fit and be more discerning in what I eat.  The sad realisation is that my metabolic rate cannot keep up with my childish eating habits.  No more sugary drinks.  No more eating a block of chocolate/a packet of lollies for afternoon tea.  No more eating a block of chocolate before bed.  No more eating of two desserts. No more beer....ok, less beer.  Dieting is good - and interesting that people many years my junior have already adopted these hard lessens and yet I have not.  Gotta face the fact that I just need to watch what goes in.  So let's see how that goes.

While I do play sports I don't exercise for sports. I don't do any training to build muscles in the right areas or other areas.  I think that needs to change if I want to a) continue to eek out a few more years and b) if I want to keep my back protected.  Doing yoga has really highlighted my limited flexibility - so bad with any back exercises.  So will need to do some exercises to really improve that from here on in.  Losing excess weight should help too.

Mind over matter from here on in.  Or should I say, mind over body and fight those excesses!

No comments: