Sunday 6 May 2018

End of an era

It took me a while to make the decision on the way in.  I decided that it was time to go.

It definitely held a special place - being my first vehicle.   The learning experience about buying a car.  The excitement and freedom of going around in it. Driving it to the country roads.  

But as things age, like a lot of things, more niggles started to creep in.  Certain things requiring more maintenance or requiring fixing.  Pipes, air-conditioning, roof sagging to name a few.  I was getting sick of just not working.

However, new cars these days are so well equipped.  Close to base model cars already have reverse cameras; multi-airbags; auto headlights; auto windwipers; sat-nav; not to mention phone connectivity!  I don't even know what to do with the CD's in my CD stacker!  However, the big factor for me was that I was not using it and know that it was taking up space and kept draining my wallet for no reason apart from real nostalgia.  Of course, the new safety features are super important - rather feel cocooned in safety features rather than the none - no matter how much nostalgia there is!

Not sure whether it is my age, but I certainly feel the ride of the new cars more comfortable while also delivering good driving feel.  Definitely a big plus in my mind.


It was definitely an end of an era.  Hope it finds a better home!

No comments: