Tuesday 1 May 2007

Farewell

It was my first job, so many years ago.
What to expect? - I really didn't know.
Straight out of uni, all eager and keen.
A trip to Chicago - it was the first time I had been.
After that I was in Hong Kong for a bit,
And then in Melbourne, I did fit.
While in KL I caught up with relos,
Then went to Glasgow with a couple of the fellows.
Back to Melbourne for a year and a half,
Looking back at those photos makes me laugh.
Flew home to Sydney before Bangkok,
then off to Singapore - it was such a shock.
Coupled with making friends on the booze,
With tight deadlines there was no time to snooze.
With six months off, thrown in for good measure,
The experience gained is something I'll treasure.

After many years, I can't believe it's goodbye.
With a hand on my heart and a deep breathed sigh.
"Thank you to all who made the job so much fun,
But somehow I feel my job here is done.
Make sure to keep in touch and take care,
Now it's time to see what else is out there".

3 comments:

Beckster said...

Nice Sime :)

Congrats on moving towards bigger and greener pastures. Here's to wishing you new challenges and a lucrative start in your new digs.

sime said...

Thanks beckster! Hope I am not too in over my head! The learning curve is like a cliff face...

so..?!! said...

you're a poet, and you didn't know it!

*boom**tish*