Wednesday 22 June 2011

Unpacking

Having lived in a serviced apartment for a while, I was starting to establish a habit.  A habit of waking up late and walking to work leisurely.  A habit of leaving dishes and towels to be cleaned.  The floors would be wiped; the rubbish taken out; my bed would be made - by the time I got home in the evening.  Wonderful for those who really don't like housework - like me.

When I looked around the place, I still had my seven boxes in the state which they had arrived - stacked two high in the corner.  My golf clubs were still safely in a box waiting for their next destination.  I hadn't really bought anything substantial - fearful of having to move yet another item when I finally left the place. 

As many habits which I had developed during the time I stayed there, there was something which was gnawing at me to not relax quite yet.  Whether it was the friendly daily "Room cleaning!" shout at the door, or the lack of space in the small serviced apartment - I never felt I was living in my own place.

So it has been a few weeks since I have moved into something more permanent.  I finally felt comfortable enough to unpack all my boxes and pack them away into the shelves.  The major pieces of furniture have arrived and managed to get some kitchen utensils and cutlery as well.  With broadband internet connected as well - what more could I ask for?

Ah - I can finally relax....I'll do those chores a bit later I think...

No comments: