Sunday 25 September 2011

Notepad Scribbles 20110925

Wow - September has rolled around.  This year has definitely flown by - similar to prior years.  However, this year marks much more for me.  The quantum of change has definitely been up there versus previous years.

Living by myself and having to deal with things myself, although not a foreign concept, has definitely made me appreciate all the times where I had it great.  From the most basic of things such as cooking and cleaning, to the finding a place to stay and buying furniture - it has been a great learning experience. 

In a way, I am happy to have my own place.  My own domain where I can mess up and chill out.  It is definitely special for me.  It is up to me to furnish and me to work out what I want - from where the remotes go, to how often I clean the floors (or have to clean the floors).  Ultimately, I like having that space and freedom.   While the spare room has been running at almost full occupancy, it is good to have another person in the house which adds a different aspect to the place.

Funnily enough, sometimes when I do things now, I can remember my parents making the same statements of reasoning when in similar situations.  In those instances I chuckle to myself and realise that I am my parents' child after all.

No comments: