Saturday 12 January 2013

2012 2013

As the year drew to an end, I thought about the things which I had done over the year.  I have to say, this year was rather big year for me.  If I have to sum up, my personal life was definitely filled with lots of love, laughter and great travel memories - a very fulfilling year.  I definitely felt I had more responsibilities in life over the last few years - but that is rather expected as one gets older!   It was great spending time with friends and family who stayed with us - feeling I was able to perhaps get to know them a little better.

In terms of personal hobbies, I have been told that my coffee making skills have improved, though I suspect that could be largely due to some changes in ingredients and machinery!  I believe that just using and reading more about photography has definitely helped (also good to learn more techniques and buying some different equipment helps too).
Playing sports has definitely taken a bit of a step back (golf only a few times) and I was definitely slower on the court and field - but perhaps nothing too surprising given age is starting to be a factor!
My closure rate on games was low last year - largely because time did not afford me to to sit in front of the TV for big swathes at a time.  

So for 2013.
Hopefully I develop further in terms of photography.  I will likely invest in a bit more equipment (and education), to keep me interested. 
Sport is always up there, but need to learn to play to keep fit and protect myself (not that I am not trying hard).
Gaming - that's what those public holidays are for, so I did manage to complete at least one game last year and have already finished one game this year (admittedly a HD remake of a game I had before) so at least I am off to a good start.
One thing I do want to do is do a bit more reading.  I had bought some books which I still have yet to read, so perhaps it would be good to be able to do that every so often!
Hoping to lead a more healthy lifestyle, so decided to make some homemade muesli as healthy way to kickstart each day. No, it had nothing to do with the fact that I had a large bag of oats sitting there which I didn't like eating!  Recipe courtesy of Poh's Kitchen  website [Muesli Maple Crunch with Wattle Seeds] but modified with ingredients I could easily find.

Happy New Year!


 



No comments: