Friday 7 January 2005

I.N.T.P.

I guess there is more to me than being a perfectionist.

I recently got sent a link to a
Jung Typology Test. I was a little more than curious, to say the least, so I embarked on the 72 questions with perfectionist tendencies - taking my time with each question and thinking of examples of each to match. However, I thought, "What the heck - it should be based on gut feel anyway!" and rushed through the last third of the questions.

So what am I?

Introverted + iNtuitive + Thinking + Perceiving = INTP

The website then presented a link to some
definitions of INTP.

Apparently, INTPs:
- Are pensive, analytical folk who can be so deep in thought that they are oblivious to the world around them (*hmm. let me see...yeah - I'll tick that*)
- Love playing math (*tick*)
- Enjoy chess! (*tick*)
- Exploring and mastering systems (*tick!*)
- Relatively easy going (*er...tick?...ok this is starting to freak me out!*)

That was an interesting exercise!

But I guess that people do change over time (I know I did) and the outcomes are probably dependant on what you happened to feel at that point in time too! From what I have observed though is that people normally have a range of characteristics and can sway from one side to the other.

(This reminded me of one topic discussed in a recent course I attended. The topic focused on the different social styles of an individual. The particular point which impressed me, was that armed with the knowledge of one audience's social style, one can tailor material to appeal to one's audience. I think I will experiment with this a little and test out its accuracy.)


quote: "I don't want arms that only Dr Hans Blix can find."

*referring to having skinny arms and not being buff.

No comments: