Wednesday 5 January 2005

Another year over and a new one just begun

What did I do to send off 2004? Well, after work (yes - work), I went to my sister's place. She and her husband just came back from their holidays and was kind enough to play host to a small group. Luckily, we went out to get some essentials - beer (Hoegaardens and Carlton Cold). Pity only 4 people drank...I think I guzzled the most!

We kicked off the proceedings by playing drinking games with dice and after dinner, headed down to the vantage point in front of Luna Park for the 9pm fireworks. Nothing special for a quick 10mins. So proceeded to head back to my sister's place and make a start on the Mahjong table. Things were definitely not going my way there! Time-out was called at 11:45pm and we headed back down for the official 12am fireworks. To be honest, I was disappointed! Last year, from the same spot, I could feel the vibrations from the fireworks in my chest. This year, it was tame (and there was sight/sound disparity). Also, what's with that globe on the Bridge which did a whole lot of nothing! Anyway...

Goodbye 2004!
_____________

Welcome 2005!


Went back to my sister's place to finish more beer and mahjong. First lesson of 2005 : beer and mahjong do not mix, especially if you want to concentrate and win. Lost heavily! **sniff**
Anyway, wrapped things up at around 5am.

I spent the first day of the year recuperating - at my sister's place! I ate, watched DVDs (Shrek 2, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Johnny English) and then my parents came and we all had dinner together. It was pretty good, but I could tell my sister and brother in law were rather exhausted.

The 2 Jan was spent celebrating my good friend's birthday! My friend, his girlfriend and another friend had brunch at Bills 2 - it was great! This was followed by a scenic walk around Vaucluse and the Heads area. Very peaceful and relaxing - I had never known such a walk even existed! I was tired by the end of it - definitely a hot day!

Managed to squeeze in a round of golf on 3 Jan (gotta love those public holidays)! Low point of the day was realising I forgot my buggy! High point of the day was teeing off to get over a gorge of around 180m without losing a ball! Overall, I didn't play too badly and managed to only win 6 holes which kept me even for the day. Definitely work on my golf game this year - I will probably take lessons.

Due to me not having much luck with Lotto on 31 Dec (it was not a good gambling night for me), I had to go back to work on 4th Jan...a world of joy.

No comments: