Tuesday 13 April 2010

Whatcha laughing at?

It was looking like I was heading towards a rather ordinary Friday night - with me lacking in new ideas. Drinks, dinner out sounded pretty average and I could tell that it wouldn't be well received. Luckily enough, we were lucky enough to gain some tickets to the Comedy Store at the EQ. Admittedly, I had never even heard about the Comedy Store and so it definitely sparked my interest. We ended up seeing this act.

I have never been to a live stand up comedy act and it definitely reminded me of the stand up routine shown at the beginning of the Seinfeld episodes. There was table service which was good - as it didn't interrupt the show. Also, it was the first time I had tasted VB Raw!

The acts were progressively longer and I personally found them progressively better too. I didn't expect to laugh so much because I find humour to be quite selective. I definitely found the comedians good fun and able to integrate the audience to good effect. It must be hard to think of new jokes and punch lines all the time while also making it relevant to others. With an audience in the mood for a few laughs and a good night out it definitely is good to see the crowd enjoy themselves and laughing heartily at the impromptu jokes. There were witty jokes, stereotypes and downright crude but mixed in just the right amounts for a good night out.

Gee - it's a pretty good role to be able to make people laugh.

No comments: