Saturday 9 July 2016

Busy bee, busy as can be

This year has been busy.  I say that reflecting both the positive and negative ways I feel that it has impacted.

From a positive standpoint, being busy has meant that in different ways I tried to set some goals and achieved what I wanted to do. I mean this from a mental standpoint in that I assessed the direction which I was heading in my life, whether that means from a work, health and personal side to try and do things to head in the right direction.  Whether that be motivating myself to head to the gym, or looking to go away or making sure I spend time with my family - all these things add up to be the sum of who I want to be.  It certainly was great to work on my goals.

The negative side of all of that has been a matter of time.  Remaining focused and dedicated requires concentration and can certainly be exhausting.  Often times, it can also mean being pulled in multiple directions and running concurrent thought processes - and multitasking is definitely not one of my strong points.  It has also meant a bit more stress and sometimes, stretching can lead to things slipping through.  Or I don't get to do the things I want to do. Which is annoying to me.  Because I look back and think - I can do better.  I should do better.   Just like my record of low posts has continued into this year. **sigh**

In the past, I rarely needed much to motivate myself.  But sometimes, it is natural to feel weary and worn out.  Sometimes it is necessary to recharge and then re-engage.  Then we can feel the urge to push again.  

I've found that quotes have been quite useful in providing a different view or a little nudge, so hopefully I can find more which will help!


No comments: