Tuesday 28 December 2004

Bye bye break...

Before the Christmas break started, was really looking forward to taking it easy and enjoying my time off. Now my Christmas break is almost over! Time flies so fast! I need another break! Thankfully, the New Year break is just around the corner!

Anyway, a quick recap on some activities over the way too short holidays (at least what I remember):
- Went to friend's place for drinks and was mixing some nice Lazy Blondes (that’s a drink available in Melbourne at La La Land). We played drinking games till around 4am before we decided to call it quits. I didn't feel too bad, since I didn’t lose much!
- My family was going to a family friend's place for Christmas lunch, and we left in a flurry and managed to get there and have a really good lunch, catching up with friends. I ate heaps and dessert was ice kachang! Very filling!
- I went to another friend’s place for Christmas dinner. I downed a few beers and proceeded to play drinking games. There were around 12 people, and I was well out of my league in terms of drinking games! Those guys are really quick! Damn, I must improve (and I guess the only way to improve is to practise with more drinking games!) Even though it was the first time I had met most of them, I found them really funny – they had some good calls! (BTW, I can honestly, say that I am really bad with names). I had a great time and to top it off, my Kris Kringle present was a portable CD player!
- Went to a birthday party with a beach theme, but it was really cold, everyone was freezing. It was good to see so many friends there. I caught up with a majority of them. Drinks were flowing (the Lazy Blondes made another appearance of course!), and thankfully, I kept my responsible hat on and only had a couple - I swear!
- Caught up with friends and watched "The Incredibles". It was really funny! I felt rather silly because when the robot first made its appearance, it startled me. I jumped - just a little. Ok, a lot - happy?
- On recommendation, I watched "Australia’s Brainiest Kid". Those guys are good – the final three’s "specialty" topics were: Space, Vikings and Beethoven. I was definitely put to shame by those guys!
- Started spring cleaning my room…and at the rate I am going, I am probably only going to finish next spring! Good thing is that I put together my bed and am now sleeping on a proper mattress! (My old mattress was so old, it was concave and I could feel the broken springs in my back when I slept. Being home for a couple of months and sleeping on it daily gave me good incentive to take some action).

On a sad note, I have yet to touch my PS2. **sniff**


quote: "fully sic driving position"

*My little sister and I were in the car and I pointed out a Nissan 200SX (S15) at the lights. Two guys were in there and the car was bouncing due to the occupants shuffling inside.

Me: "What on earth is going on over there?"
Sis: "He’s trying to get into a 'fully sic driving position'."

Me:
"Huh?"

Sis:
"You know, moving the seat back, leaning back and stuff - trying to look cool in that 'fully sic driving position'."

I turned to her and she was just sitting there grinning at me. I couldn't help but laugh, "Fully sic driving position".

4 comments:

so..?!! said...

I was disappointed that you didn't have any more drinks at my party Sime, but you are good at making lazy blondes! :)
Sorry about the weather, it wasn't meant to be cold!

the girl said...

Hahahaha

They were adjusting their seats, not just shuffling. So, what else could it have been!

Beckster said...

Thanks for hanging out at my place Simo and bringing your Bombay Sapphire. I'll also be forever thankful that you introduced me to the beautiful merits of CC&Dry. It was great to have you over, pics to come soon!

Can I borrow your San Andreas when I get back =)?? I won't give you anymore flak about PS2 from now on, found myself enjoying xbox too much heh.

Manda: you blog as well right? Care to send me the address of your corner of cyberworld? Simo wouldn't send it to me (he thinks I'm going to corrupt you, or maybe vice versa =p).

sime said...

LMM: I drove so couldn't drink too much! Glad that you liked the Lazy Blondes, and don't think you could do much about the weather!

manda: Haha. Definitely a classic!

beckster No - thanks for having me over! CC& Dry are always good value!
GTA: SA? Sure! I assume that means that you have invested in a PS2?